fair music standards for live performance (Version 1.0)
Contractual arrangements between artists and their managements or agents and local promoters
• Contracts need to be worded clearly and be understandable
• Both contract partners have to deal fairly with each other
• Well founded variations of several standards can be decided by the licensing committee
The Standard Setting Process for Fair Music
The process of standard setting is managed by the Fair-Music Project Managemement Team. Decisions about the standards are made by the Fair Music Project Consortium.
After project completion, a Standards Committee will take over the decision making and the process will be managed by a team of experts from the Fair Music Certification Agency (which will be setup during the Fair Music Project).
fair music standards for recorded music (Version 3.0)
- Contract wording needs to be clear and understandable
- Clear separation between contracts (AC, MP, publishing etc.)
- Both contract partners have to deal fairly with each other
- Well founded variations of several standards can be decided by the licensing committee
- In case of multiple right contracts, the balance of benefits and equivalents has to be clearly illustrated